Chester Rubber Dam
The Chester Diversion Dam is located on the Henry’s Fork of the Snake River in eastern Idaho. The dam was completed in 1938 by the US Bureau of Reclamation, and is used to provide irrigation for the area.
The local rural electric company recently completed a hydroelectric power facility at this site with a generating capacity of 3.3 MW at a stream-flow of 3,500 cubic feet per second.
HTE Engineering has supplied three sections of 3.2-foot high inflatable rubber dams on the crest of the existing concrete ogee spillway, creating a constant upstream head for power generation. These air-filled rubber dam sections are each 115 feet in length.